AIM Partners Limited, company registration no. 04637958 (“AIM”), is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), AIM is both a data controller and a data processor: Data Controller; when managing data that we ourselves collect and store within our systems.
For example, business customer information held within our CRM and employee information held within our HR system.
Data Processor: when analysing data that our customers provide to us during the normal course of business.
2) The data we collect:
- Personal details such as your name. phone number, business address, business email address;
- Professional information such as your job title and background;
- Details from meetings held with you in person or over the phone;
- Records of phone calls and emails exchanged between us.
3) Our Legal basis for processing your data:
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Consent – we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
- Performance of a contract – we may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest – we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests.
- Compliance with law or regulation – we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
4) How we use your data:
- To email you with monthly fund fact sheets if this has been deemed appropriate
- To contact you by telephone in order to provide fund information or to organise a meeting
- If at any time you wish to change how we use your data, you can contact us to either unsubscribe from any future marketing communications or request us to remove your data entirely, which we are obliged to do as part of the new data privacy law in-line with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
5) How we protect your data:
- Your data is password protected within our CRM system;
- We share your personal data with fund managers in which you have an investment. They may only use your data for exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We keep your information for no longer than is necessary
- If you ask us to remove you from our database, we may keep some of your information for a period of up to 7 years as required by law or regulation. In the period up to the deletion of your information you would be placed on an ‘opted out’ list to ensure that we do not market to you again.
- We shall notify you of any data breach that affects you and is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
6) What are your rights with regards to your data:
You have the right to:
- Access to the data we hold about you;
- The correction of your data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your data for direct marketing You have a right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time.
- Unsubscribe to our emails, by writing “Unsubscribe” in the title of email correspondence
- Contact our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority if you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)- http://www.ico.org.uk
7) Our Contact Details:
AIM Partners Limited: 162 Westbourne Grove, London W11 2RW
Telephone: +44 208 832 0644
We do not have a dedicated data protection officer. Please contact us at the above address for further information.